Been a while, hasn't it?
Things around here have been pretty solid. I'm making decent headway in part two of my WiP, using NaNoWriMo as the push I've been trying to find for a while now. I'm below the "official" goal, but that doesn't bother me. The important thing is that I'm getting part two written, after who knows how long spent procrastinating. Life's good.
I've stumbled into a pretty good reward system to keep myself writing: in a single writing session, whenever I clear 1,000 words, I get a milk chocolate Lindor truffle. They're my favorite candies, and the other day I managed to write 2,000 words in a sitting. I got a big bag of them, and I'm rewarding myself accordingly. I'm not letting myself have one every 1,000 words written; rather, I only get one if I clear 1,000 words in a writing session. It works for me, so I think I'll keep doing it.
Other than NaNoWriMo, things have been pretty quiet around these parts. I've got a few books to read and review, but other than that my schedule's pretty empty until Thanksgiving. So, naturally, I'm trying to spend as much time writing as I can.
There's really not much more to say at the moment, so I'll leave you here. If you're doing NaNo, good luck! If not, I wish you well on whatever other ventures you might be undertaking.
'Til next time,
J.
1 comment:
Thiis is a great post
Post a Comment