Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year, Revised Goals

Well, folks, it's 2015. Wherever you are, I hope your holidays of choice went swimmingly, and if they didn't, I extend my most heartfelt e-hugs. I know how the holidays can be.

My holidays went well, though with all the chaos and running around, I had to set my writing to the side in order to get through everything. Now that it's the new year, I'm picking things back up, and I hope to have my current WiP written by summer. I started writing this time last year, and it's taken me much, much longer than I anticipated to get this thing written. That's not a bad thing, though. Stuff happens. I've had to deal with computer crashes on top of the normal ups and downs of life, and now that I'm back on my feet after the end-of-year mayhem, I think having this thing finished by June or July is totally reasonable. It's not a resolution so much as a revised goal, but I guess we can go ahead and call this one of my new year's resolutions.

I don't have much else to say at the moment. I've been sick and kinda worn out, so I'm taking it easy until I'm feeling better. My plan is to get some writing--actual writing, not just editing--done tonight before I call it a day, after I make a quick trip down to the grocery store for snacks. Can't have writing without snacks, right?

'Til next time,
J.

No comments: